I was doubting on whether or not to do this post - but I’ve been enjoying reading these kinds of posts on other blogs so let me go ahead and get this over with! I won’t bore you with my real life or work related resolutions, I’ll just provide you with the ones that also apply to the blog. In February I’ll be blogging on Nails & Cupcakes for a year and although the blog has already changed a lot since the first post, I know I can always improve (it’s very important to know you can!). Let’s start off with this picture I found at Everything’s Right. Because it’s true: what’s stopping you from doing what you want to do?
1. Post more often. As much as I’d love to do more posts, the limited time on my hands sometimes won’t let me. I promised myself to make more time for myself (& the blog) during weekends, so this is a promise to both myself & you.
2. Take better pictures. I’m really trying my hardest to keep improving, but sometimes it feels like I’m stuck. I’m exploring the world of photography using flashers & reflectors, but it’s a lot to take it and I’m slowly buying more equipment. The macro lens I bought halfway through 2012 already makes a huge difference in my pictures (whoa super sharp close-ups!), so let’s hope there’s still more improvement to be made.
3. Take classes in food photography. Sometimes when I browse food blogs I feel like I’m miles away from where I should be heading in terms of composition and lighting. I love baking & want to do more food posts, I sometimes just get frustrated with the quality of my pictures. Another promise to myself & to you!
4. Buy products thoughtfully. No more hauling without thinking things over: do I really need another nail polish? I really don’t. So there’s my first promise: I won’t buy more than 5 nail polishes in 2013.
5. Stick with products that work. This is a tough one, as I love changing up the routine and I’m always wondering if there’s something that might actually work better. I’ll get started with an example: I promise to use the same Kiehl’s moisturizer throughout 2013, unless of course my skin suddenly starts hating it.
Et voila! Happy 2013!